This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Just saying thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackie Brown
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Just saying thanks! Reply with quote

After many years building muzzleloading guns that I classed as being affordable to most anyone, I have decided to stop taking gun orders. I wanted to say a very grateful "thank you" to all that have ordered my guns over the years. No, I'm not going to stop building guns. I look forward to building a gun, advertising it, and selling it.

I have always taken pride in building a very modest priced gun that most anyone wanting a custom made gun could afford. I have always kept my prices far below most contemporary makers for that reason. My philosophy has always been, "I'd rather build three $700.00 guns than one $2100.00 gun." Cost wise and time wise, the bottom line is the same. And, there are many more customers that can afford a $700.00 gun than there are those that want a $2100.00 gun.

My future gunmaking plans are to keep building the same basic style of guns but without the pressure of meeting a delivery date. I want to spend a bit more time in the building process of each gun assuring even greater customer happiness with their gun. I will have a modest price increase because of the extra time spent. I guess I'm just saying, I'm semi-retired and want to slow down a little. Gonna spend more time with a 3 year old daughter.

If you have a need for a gun of some type, give me a call or e-mail and I'll let you know what I have available.

To all my past customers and friends, I say a very heart felt "thank you".
Jackie
DEADDAWG
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're taking more control of your time. That little girl of yours is at the age that she needs more of daddys attention. Enjoy the time while you got it, it slips away too easy.
Loyalist Dave
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm semi-retired and want to slow down a little. Gonna spend more time with a 3 year old daughter.

THAT you call semi-retired? Geesh it was only 8 years ago for me, but a 3 year old is pretty much full time work for one or more adults. Especially the "outgoing" type!

LD

Moses Milner
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Just saying thanks! Reply with quote

Thank YOU, Jackie.
I have purchased several from you, and have never been disappointed (except when my sons saw my guns, and I ended up giving them my gun. Har!)
Annyhooo...
Enjoy your semi-retirement. You earned it.
Waugh!!
--Moses (Joe B)

markinmi
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jackie,My brother and I have owned guns from you and have always praised your product.I guess ther're gonna be collector items now.
shorthunter
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie, Thanks for the heads up and for making so many wonderful firearms at such affordable prices. I have 3 of your works and love them all. Chuck from Finksburg MD.

palonghunter
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie - I have a beautiful 20 gage Fusil that is signed J E Brown.. always wondered if that was one of yours??
Jackie Brown
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Just saying thanks Reply with quote

Chris,
Your J.E. Brown signed gun may or may not be mine. In the early days I signed my guns that way (my name is Jackie Eugene Brown). There is also a J. Eddie Brown that builds very beautiful guns. I would feel honored to have my guns mistaken for his. LOL Thanks,
Jackie
palonghunter
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Jackie. I choose to believe that it is one of your early works, and hope you enjoy a relaxed, but productive (for us flint lovers) simi-retirement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com