Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Location: Brooklyn New York
Real Name: Michael Littlejohn
|Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:53 am Post subject: What to do with an overlarge tricorn hat....?
|Hi to all,
Sadly I made an unwise-purchase-on-faith and now will shortly be the owner of an over-large, fair-at-most quality tricorn hat. I suspect it has little resale value, so I am inclined to want to do some experimentation with it.
What do members of the board think of these ideas:
(1) Can it be shrunk with boiling water and hot drying?
(2) Should it be pounded out of shape into a farmer's wide brimmed hat?
(2) Can it be tarred/painted as a rain hat?
(3) Can it be covered with some inexpensive fur such as...rabbit?
(4) Should I just flatten it with my fist and use it as a colonial frisbee?
Thanks for any assistance.. Mike