This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Camp stoves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackie Brown
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Camp stoves Reply with quote

I was just wondering how much interest there was in a small, affordable camp stove. Kinda looking for something to keep a machinist/welder busy. Could build any size but small and easy to transport is better. Let me know your thoughts.
Jackie
Joe Hinson
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it big enough to hold several pieces of "standard" sized cut firewood. I say standard to be the size you would find in one of those store bought bundles. Make the stove out of heavy guage steel too, the light steel ones don't hold a fire well or retain the heat once out.
Jackie Brown
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: camp stove Reply with quote

Joe,
That's the plan. I think 12 by 12 by 18 using 11 ga. (.120) steel with seperate leg stand that will fit over the stove for storage. We're working on it. Thanks,
jackie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com