This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
another one this morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Traditional Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david50
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: another one this morning Reply with quote

seems like i can only get'em one at a time,be better hunting when the leaves start fallin'.

Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Associasion member #277
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Last edited by david50 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eseabee1
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be nice to live in a state where I could hunt tree rats in my gear but they don`t come in here for awhile yet and when they do we have to wear orange but will use the smoothbore
david50
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wear your hunter orange over your period gear,thats what i do during deer season. orange vest over my coat or frock and an orange scarf wrapped around my hat,or an orange toque.

Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
peabody

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

west central missouri ?

ahhh your my neighbor.lol

just thoughts i'ed say howdy,

peabody
white savage
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my blaze orange I bought a yard of it and wear it as a head rag and wrap some around my arms sometimes when I go in my duds.

-Ben Miller

-The Half King
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like all you guy's are doin pretty fair with the squirrels. Do most of you use .32 cal for them. The reason I'm asking is I'm looking to buying either a .32 or .40 next, something with a shorter barrel for the kids and girlfriend. My .50 is too heavy for any of them to shoot, unless it's on a bench at the range. Any ideals or comments are welcome.
Schimmel
User

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you tried the Hunter orange weskits from Ohio Valley Peddler? They are in the back of one of the On the Trail magazines I have. They run from $125-$145 depending on size. They look good but just wondering if anyone has tried them out?
Loyalist Dave
User

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I made my own. I'm Scottish. We tend to be frugal.

YOHS

LD

User

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: hunter orange Reply with quote

I havn't been hunting in traditional clothing yet, but plan to try it next deer season. I was thinking of wear a HO knit cap and a long scarf around my neck. I think I would meet the legal amount of square inches with the scarf ends hanging over my front and back and maybe add an orange sash. That would keep me worm and make me legal. Anyone have any other ideals or suggestions.

Thanks
V/R
Garry
firelock3d
User

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: .32 or .40 Reply with quote

.32 caliber rifles are great for tree rats, but they tend to foul up really fast. If you don't mind running a patch between shots go for the .32.They are pretty frugal to shoot too You can shoot buckshot {Hornady makes a .310} cheap if you don't cast your own. , 20 grains of FFFg kills squirrels with great ruthless abandon.
ancient one

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have to jump from .32cal to .40cal all at one time. Lets not forget the .36cal. She's a sweet little lady to take out dancing. Small enough to be as slim and trim as the .32 and just enough more gumption to reach out a bit farther than the .32 with a little more smack. Then there's always the possibility that something a bit larger than a squirrel will show up (a fox maybe). I use my .32 most of the time, however I would never give up my .36. (Did I mention that she's real pretty). Verity, the spice of life.
Vern
david50
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peabody wrote:
west central missouri ?

ahhh your my neighbor.lol

just thoughts i'ed say howdy,

peabody

were you be at peabody

hssforge
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a fellow (Bell & Company) make me a wesket out of blaze orange. In B&W photos, it just looks whiteish. He also had some head scarfs made of light weight silk like stuff in blaze orange. Those work well.
Traildog
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your off to a good start David. We have a bit of a wait here in MN. before we can hunt o'l bushy tail.
45.70 a 32 Crockett from Tradition's is a good gun for kids to start with and squirrels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Traditional Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com