This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Native Women's Weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longhunter49
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Native Women's Weekend Reply with quote

After some discussion with Bill Farmer at Ft Boonesborrough and others, here is a weekend in planning stages to focus on Native women, much like the Women on the Frontier and Woodsmen's Weekends already held at the fort. If anyone would be interested in being an instructor on some aspect please contact me. This is in the planning stage at present, but I think we will be shooting for a weekend in the fall in the fort's off season so the cabins could be used for lodging or classrooms. However, my hope would be that the participants use the wigwams in the Native village during the event. Again, contact me here or Bill Farmer directly if you are interested in instructing or participating.
Katie Kelly will be lead instructor. Please contact her at gakwhatisit@sbcglobal.net with any questions also.

" This situation calls for a subtle mix of psychology and extreme violence.."
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lee a

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Native women Reply with quote

My Family is currently converting over to native american. My wife and daughter would love to paticipate in something like this.

and to be honest can this be done for men as well.
longhunter49
User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Weekends Reply with quote

That has been discussed. There are weekends for the settler women, longhunters and hopefully soon the Native women. Even that is in the planning stage with the underwhelming response it may or may not come to fruition. Michael Field and I usually post on the Ft Boonesborro board if there will be natives there any given week-end and if so , all are invited to come join in whatever capacity. Sometimes just hanging around and talking can me quite informative.

Va en pax

" This situation calls for a subtle mix of psychology and extreme violence.."
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tiptoe2u
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Native Womens weekend Reply with quote

I began portraying Native American this past summer in the outdoor drama "Liberty" held every July at Sycamore Shoals. I enjoyed every minute of it, although researching can be a task due to limited resources. I make most of my own clothing. At the next garrison of the Company of Overmountain Men, I plan to teach a few native words to my fellow reenactors and the public. Keep me posted about this event and if time allows I would be interested in attending this fall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com