This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Just love reading in here!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckongahelas

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hello, I must say I agree that there is a lot of good information out here and I enjoy reading the posts. Seeing my brother Walt on here made me decide to join.

I've been doing Native for about 10 years now, along with the wife and daughter. Mostly the southern Indiana/Kentucky events. Prefer F&I and Rev War periods, but am also War Captain (and portray Tecumseh) at our 1812 event Muster on the Wabash in Vincennes.

As I said, I enjoy reading the posts and look forward to talking with all of you.

Buckongahelas
Lady of the Woods
User

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: love reading looking for ideas for shoots Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. hope ya have a cup o joe or some such thing. There is so much information here I don't think I'll ever get caught up! Don't mind anyone telling you more than ya want to know - take it all with a grain of salt - there's some really smart folks and some really smart alecks. :)
enjoy both for what it's worth.
I'm also in Indiana, maybe I'll see you and the family around some campfire. My daughter is 7 and she loves to go to camp. We are more rendezvousers (if that's a word) than reenactors. I'd rather shoot actual targets than air, but I love to learn. Hope to see ya round.
Suzanne
Zan
Z
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message
skunkkiller
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: survival Reply with quote

do any of you on here vist willderness survival trekkers?

Lady of the Woods
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: love reading here Reply with quote

nope, haven't heard of that one. address?
z
skunkkiller
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to google and type in willderness survival trekkers then search there will be one that comes up that says any willderness trekker reonacter survival forum. nice web with good people.

skunkkiller
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a good site for the women . women of the fur trade google it.

GasakaSoquilla

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Just love reading in here!!! Reply with quote

Singer wrote:
Just love to sit and read all the posts in here!

I've slowely been rebuilding my kit after the"ex" ran off with it, and my dancing regalia (Mens traditional), Yes she took it outta spite plain and simple.

I have to second this opinion! I just joined 24 hours ago and spent late last night after working reading quite a number of posts in the "Native" section.

After a 2 year hiatus from living history /reenacting I'm also getting back into it and rebuilding my kit. Prior I did both ACW & Rev War (Hessian Jaegers & Butler's Rangers), but then I found my place with Brant's Volunteers (Brigade of the American Revolution). I've more or less taken over leadership of Brant's Vols & we are in a rebuilding stage, seeking both "White Loyalists" & "Native" impressions, primarily focusing in Washington state (with an emphasis on Whatcom/Skagit counties) & British Columbia.
My persona is as one of Brant's "White Indians", a loyalist who has gone Native. I loosely base my persona's early history on Simon Girty.

In "real life" I'm a mutt, primarely Cherokee & Celt (Highland Scots / Scots-Irish / & Irish), as well as German / Austrian & Swiss (my Swiss ancestor, Deter Nave was an Over-the-Mountain Man & fought at the battle of King's Mountain).

My persona name is GasakaSoquilla (Gah-Sah-Kah Soh-Kwee-Lah) or "Lighthorse" & is my Cherokee name given to me by the elders of the Southern Cherokee Nation.

Sorry if I ran on a bit, wanted to introduce myself & let everyone know how much I appreciate this forum. I'll be spending most of my time lurking & learning.
Lady of the Woods
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: love sitting here reading Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, sounds like yer hooked already! been awhile since I visited this forum, glad to have ya join us.
z
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com