This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Dana E. Geraths
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Dana E. Geraths Reply with quote

Would someone please direct me to the webpage that's out there about our friend Dana ripping people off. I will be graceful or your help.
Daniel
Capt. Jas.
User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in his "Happy Holidays.... etc....." post. He has a website hyperlink.
Jas.
Mike/ND
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Danabad Reply with quote

There's a blog spot to air your bad experiences with Dana. Check it out. It's very interesting. I had trouble with him for several months. He has more excuses than Carter has little pills. http://www.danabad.blogspot.com/
Daniel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike ,this is what I'm looking for. Yes I know what you mean,but excuses is sugar coating it!
Merry Christmas to you.
Daniel
Fitzhugh Williams
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Dana has his own blog, or at least someone does. And Jackie Brown doesn't? Who woulda thunk it! I have had dealings with Dana and they worked out quite well. I have a Jackie Brown gun that's a real shooter! Maybe I am just living right? No, I don't think it's that. So, who knows?
Yaquina143

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyones education and clarity on the situation...

Mr. James Hughes, the OP of this thread is currently owed one native scalp that was ordered admittedly several months ago. I did have some problems getting real human hair from my supplier for several weeks because of a miscommunication between myself and the wholesaler. That was resolved and the hair was recieved. The scalp is done and will be going out on Wed. Mr. Hughes was made aware of this, BTW.

However, I think it is VERY important for everyone to know that Mr. Hughes thought it prudent to email me a physical threat over the lateness of his $80 scalp. In fact, he made it clear that he will be flying from VA to OR and has already had his "buddy from Vietnam", who alledgedly lives in Portland "locate" me. I was informed by Mr. Hughes to "watch my back".

All of that over an $80 fake scalp.

The "blog" mentioned in this thread is the subject of a liable lawsuit. That rediculous site has been up for a year yet in that time I have had dozens and dozens of happy customers. People are to quick to believe everything they read on the net and don't take into account that there could extenuating circumstances that preventing things going as planned. They also do not know the entire story behind that blog site, I think opinions would differ greatly if it was known but I have been advised to let that information be dealt with in court.

I always find it funny how two or three unhappy people can spout and spew their garbage about someone when countless others who expressed happiness with their dealings in their email correspondence, remain silent when someone is burned at the stake in a public form.

I have tried to stay in communication with my customers and as far as I was aware, with the exception of a couple of people, I had all of the product owed out. If I owe you something, then contact me and I will let you know what the status is. If I have not properly communicated with some of you then I apologize. If there has been a delay getting something out then again, I am sorry; but please understand that my family and their needs come first.

I am working on getting the two or three things left on the books out and to the customers waiting, but there is not need to attack me, insult me or trash my name throughout the net over such small things.

Last edited by Yaquina143 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pathfinder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! If he did indeed go to Viet Nam........he learned nothing! Willing to spill blood over $80 ? How bout we all take up an offering for this poor fellow send him $80 so he doesn't have to spend the air fare to go clear across country to make good his threat! Grow up! Even if you're old enough to have gone to Viet Nam......even if you went to Viet Nam, you didn't bring back what the majority did....... a little humility!

Dana I have waited a while for my order, but I know that things have been tough with an ailing wife and loss of employment, so since my fancy scrimed horn won't make or break me, I've got enough grace to wait a bit longer.................I too been down and out, so I'm not too anxious to threaten someone over such a small thing.............life is too short and too fragile! When things get better for you, I'll place many more orders for your fine craftsmanship!
Daniel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I told you last night in my email Dana ,you are a lair and a theif.Pathfinder you are a damn fool if you believe anything this lowlife says!
Pathfinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel,
I may be a fool but I'd never threaten a felony crime over the internet.
norseguy
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "blog" mentioned in this thread is the subject of a liable lawsuit.
===============================================
===============================================
Dana:

Please provide us some specifics of the 'Libel' suit...
We would be very interested in following it's progress !?

Norseguy
Okwaho
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is an almost perfect example of how not to communicate via the internet.While I haven't seen any felonies threatened here rather an allegation of one, I have seen possible examples of defamation of character which includes libel{written} and slander{spoken}expression. I cannot stress too highly the need to be careful of what is communicated via the internet.Both libel and slander require publication of the alleged defamatory statements and I believe that the internet certainly qualifies as publication so as to allow an action to be brought.Normally the best defense is the truth of the alleged defamatory expression which is often difficult to prove.Granted, many of these statements are made in the heat of passion but they are made nonetheless and can prove to be quite embarassing and dangerous later.
Tom Patton

captchee
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to build on what Okwaho has said , it seems folks are or can be arrested for suggesting bodily harm or insinuation of committing of bodily harm or the supporting of committing it .
Its strange times we live in of that there is no doubt .
Im thinking that if what your want to say wouldn’t be printed and published by a news paper then your probably best to think twice and not put it on the internet either
ditmurier
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post and several others like it are just sad. All I am going to say is Merry Christmas and have nothing to do with the parties involved!
kent klein
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Interesting.. Reply with quote

I am amazed that EVERY time Danas and Jackies name is brought up (both of which appear often for the same on going reasons) it brings out the worst in Folks. Kent Klein/Utah
Jackie Brown
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent, Dana and I are the Charter members of the Horse's Ass Club. We take turns being President. I'm a happy camper.
Jackie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com