This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
How I came to be WolfBrother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Personas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WolfBrother
User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: How I came to be WolfBrother Reply with quote

A good number of years ago, a work friend of mine, Bob, was very much doing mountain man/Buck Skinner re-enacting.

Hearing him talk about it a lunch, I said it sounded fun. He invited me to a BBQ he was having for his group. He told me when/where and to just go into the back yard when I got there.

He didn't tell me about his dog Wolf.

I got there and Wolf came to "greet" the intruder. I guess I did everything right and got very lucky because Wolf stopped, we made friends, and then both paws on the shoulders started licking me.

Bob said, "WOW, Wolf's greeting him like he was a long lost brother."

So the guys started calling me Wolfs Brother and by the end of the fun that day it had been shortened to one word - WolfBrother.

Within a month, Bob had a job offer back East he couldn't refuse, the group sorta disbanded without him as the driving force, and I've lurked.

Found this website - it seems fun - so I'll read and study and lurk and come up with something that will fit WolfBrother.

Thanks

This article/information is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Personas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com