This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
on the trail
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gil
User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: on the trail Reply with quote

jason sure am sorry you are doing away with mag. really like it. but i know your move will be well worth it. congrat. and best wishes. looking forward to muzzelloader
Captain Two Pipes
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find puzzling is the lack of comment from Jason here on this board. Or anywhere. I found out about it on the Muzzleloader board a couple of weeks ago and have been waiting for some kind of announcement here. I have been a supporter and reader of OTT for many years and I find this lack of information puzzling and disappointing. I too wish the Gatliffs success but...Well these are my thoughts.
Mario
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Two Pipes wrote:
What I find puzzling is the lack of comment from Jason here on this board... and I find this lack of information puzzling and disappointing.

Took 11 days to get a response on the OTT section of his own board. He doesn't come around much.

http://historicaltrekking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11951

Mario

http://bycanoeandsnowshoe.blogspot.com/
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message
Captain Two Pipes
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was just a bit off. Jason has been here. A little late, but better late then never. Let's hope it will all work out. I subscribe to both magazines and plan to for a long time to come.
Cheers all
coloneltubbs
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: muzzleloader Reply with quote

I have subscribed to both magazines for years and I am a bit disappointed that we will be losing our every other month dose of two great magazines. What will we do now on the off months?
Oh well, nothing is forever.

Mario
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I canceled my OTT subscription long ago.

I will not be renewing my ML Mag subscription.

YMMV.

Mario

gil
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: mario Reply with quote

sorry you have those feeling, you dropped frontier folks and it is still going and i am sure muzzelloader will survieve, i hope you find some place that works for you. i feel jason should be given a chance before throwing stones.
Mario
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: mario Reply with quote

gil wrote:
sorry you have those feeling, you dropped frontier folks and it is still going and i am sure muzzelloader will survieve, i hope you find some place that works for you. i feel jason should be given a chance before throwing stones.

I haven't dropped FF. Still on there almost daily.

And I gave Jason plenty of chances when I was an OTT subscriber. 3 years worth, IIRC.

But not delivering the product in a timely manner, correspondence going unanswered, not communicating with subscribers until someone started bi%^hing on a public forum, said communication consisting of nothing but excuses, lack of organization and various editing issues are not things I wish to support financially.

He admittedly doesn't check out his own forum on any kind of regular basis. (see above link)

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Mario

david50
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Associasion member #277
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Last edited by david50 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AxelP
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that Bill Scurlock is going to help Jason for a transitional period of time, so maybe it will be ok. I have not subscribed to either for a while, but I am considering re-upping for a year just to support a part of this hobby I'd not like to see go away... give em a try and if it ends up not going so good I can always not renew.

Kinda hate to see any of these pubs go away...

K

Mario
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AxelP wrote:
I understand that Bill Scurlock is going to help Jason for a transitional period of time, so maybe it will be ok.

Bill Scurlock can't fix the problems that I outlined above.

I've been in the hospitality industry for over 22 years. Problems arise. How you deal with them is the key. If the aforementioned problems would have been dealt with in a more professional manner, I'd still be an OTT subscriber.

Mario

AxelP
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been guilty of being too optimistic a few times in my life... its one of my many flaws.

K

Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: mario Reply with quote

Mario wrote:
gil wrote:

I haven't dropped FF. Still on there almost daily.

And I gave Jason plenty of chances when I was an OTT subscriber. 3 years worth, IIRC.

But not delivering the product in a timely manner, correspondence going unanswered, not communicating with subscribers until someone started bi%^hing on a public forum, said communication consisting of nothing but excuses, lack of organization and various editing issues are not things I wish to support financially.

He admittedly doesn't check out his own forum on any kind of regular basis. (see above link)

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Mario

Mario,
You are right. In the past I did struggle with the issues you mentioned above and I did not handle those issues in the best possible manner. Though I can't go back in time and correct my mistakes, I would like to think that I have grown a little, matured some and am certainly taking better care of the business and my subscribers now. The magazine has been mailed out on time for over two years now. I have taken on more help with the editing (something I have always said I am not very good at) and I have been much more diligent at responding to communications. There has also not been very much complaining about me or On The Trail on any public forum for the past two years.

I wish that you and I could set down at an event, share some ale and perhaps a pipe. Maybe if you got to know me you could forgive my past transgressions. I never claimed to be perfect, I am human being and I do make mistakes but I am working on them all of the time.

What I find confusing though is that you seem to take umbrage at the fact that I do not check this message board regularly. Frankly I do not have the time. I don't follow this or any other message board, nor do I follow the social networking sites either.

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pathfinder Ted
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Colonel! No dog in the fight,but let's all support the Magazine. Even though I love the NMLRA,I'd hate to see Muzzleblast as the ONLY magazine.

Mario
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: mario Reply with quote

Jason wrote:

Maybe if you got to know me you could forgive my past transgressions. I never claimed to be perfect, I am human being and I do make mistakes but I am working on them all of the time.

Mistakes aren't/weren't the problem. It's how they were dealt with.

Jason wrote:

What I find confusing though is that you seem to take umbrage at the fact that I do not check this message board regularly. Frankly I do not have the time. I don't follow this or any other message board, nor do I follow the social networking sites either.

As a business man in the 21st century, it is almost a requirement. Like it or not.

Saying you don't have the time to use the tools around you makes me even less inclined to have business dealings with you.

Ted,

Muzzleblasts is not the only magazine. There are others.

Mario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com