This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Expanding Empire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike/MO
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Expanding Empire Reply with quote

Been reading on another forum that the Gatlif publishing empire is expanding.

If anybody in the muzzleloading publishing business is capable of taking on the task of producing"Muzzleloader Magazine", it would be Jason.

Best to you.

For now, I'm keeping both subscriptions active.

Mario
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression it was the other way around.

ML mag taking over/buying OTT.

Mario

http://bycanoeandsnowshoe.blogspot.com/
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message
Flint62Smoothie
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario wrote:
I was under the impression it was the other way around ...

I too read it the way Mike framed it, at least by the intro I read in the former Scurlock MZL mag editors page ...
GreyWolf
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario wrote:
I was under the impression it was the other way around.

ML mag taking over/buying OTT.

Mario

Other way around - Jason bought Muzzleloader mag from the Scurlocks (Bill's dad who started it back when recently passed on) who will continue the publishing of books side of things, but not the magazine....
Mario
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks.

Mario

http://bycanoeandsnowshoe.blogspot.com/
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message
Snapper
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think that since this is Jason's board, we might have heard from him by now. Any idea why there might not be any comments coming from his camp?

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

PS - As a subscriber to OTT, what happens now?
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snapper,
I am not on the board too often, that is why you haven't heard anything from me. It's true, I have purchased MUZZLELOADER.

My plans are to combine MUZZLELOADER and On The Trail, publishing under the name MUZZLELOADER. All of our OTT writers will now be writers for ML (in addition to all of the regular ML writers).

We will also be combining the mailing lists, so if you get both however many issues you have left on your OTT subscription will be added to your ML subscription.

There will be one more issue of OTT, it is the April/May issue and it will be mailed out in the next couple of days. I am sending the mailing list to my printers this afternoon, so I expect it to go out either tomorrow or Monday.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. I don't check the boards often though, so I appreciate your patience.
Thank you,
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brian d
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:

My plans are to combine MUZZLELOADER and On The Trail, publishing under the name MUZZLELOADER. All of our OTT writers will now be writers for ML (in addition to all of the regular ML writers).
Jason

Congratulations on expanding but, as someone who has been reading OTT for many years I really hate to see it end as a stand alone magazine!
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do too, it is certainly bittersweet. My fear is that if I tried to do both, I would eventually water down OTT to support ML. So I really think this is the best way to go.

I also think that we're taking the two best magazines in the hobby and making the best magazine.

I hope that you all will enjoy the magazine and I appreciate your continued support.
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Swanny
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very excited to be writing for a wider audience, and perhaps introducing some new folks to the reenacting and trekking possibilities offered to a northwestern fur trade reenactor. Especially the trekking end of it (probably 'cause that's what I "do").

A good dog is so much a nobler beast than an indifferent man that one sometimes gladly exchanges the society of one for that of the other. (William Francis Butler) Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs at http://www.tworiversak.com/mushing.htm
coloneltubbs
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: expanding empire Reply with quote

I must admit I also hate to see the end of OTT. It filled a gap between it and Muzzleloader magazine.
I am very curious to see how the writers for OTT will have space in ML for their articles. Does this mean ML will now be a much larger magazine to read or will some one have to wait once in a while for their regular article to be published? This is going to be a tough row to hoe for Jason.
No matter what, Jason has my support and I wish him well on his new adventure.

Snapper
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason - I too have been away for a while with a work related trip. Thanks for replying to the board. My last issue of OTT arrived while I was gone so I'm now looking to make the transition myself; although I won't be doing anywhere near the work you will be to make it all work!

Thanks for your efforts and best of luck with your new endeavor. I eagerly await my first issue of the new magazine.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com