This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
A look at the 2012 Fort Frederick Market Fair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firelock
User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: A look at the 2012 Fort Frederick Market Fair Reply with quote

I got home Sunday from five great days at the 2012 Fort Frederic 18th Century Market fair and I thought I'd share this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piq1arkoBkg
kent klein
User

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Ft. Frederick.. Reply with quote

Great video Sir. Thank you. My Wife and I came out from Utah this time to see it. It seemed to me that there were a number of empty trade spots as well as empty camping spots down off the hill. Lots of good Folks tho. K. Klein
Firelock
User

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kent,

I've been going for six years, and I have noticed it getting smaller for the last three years. Though last year was hard to tell because the weather was a disaster, which may have kept folks away, and the flooding forced them to close the majority of the usual camp ground and put campers in the fields usually used as parking lots, and to close the lower subtler section and move those folks up into the area behind the main subtling area. With all that going on it was hard to get a feel for how many people were there.

I camp in the area up on the little knoll by the tree line in an area called "The Cove" My camp was overlooking the main camping area, and I really noticed the empty spaces this year.

Maybe the price of gas, or the overall economy, is affecting attendance by both sutlers and campers. This is a very enjoyable event, so I don't want it to fade away.
Tommy Bruce
User

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: ft. Fred Reply with quote

Nice video. My son and I were there from Thursday through Sunday Morning. I have to believe that gas prices and the economy put a big hurt on the event. Not only were the number of vendors down but I thought the visiting public was a bit sparse too. Still we had a great time and got to see old friends and enjoy a wild game feast on Saturday night.

Another thing I noticed was that the vendors didn't seem to be carrying the amount of good that they usually do. I've often wondered if the internet hasn't had some effect on market fairs as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com