This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Information on Ojibwe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raymond the younger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Information on Ojibwe Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am wanting to learn about the material cultural of the Ojibwe in minnesota in the 1700's. Thinking about setting myself up with an outfit and gear for a Oijbwe man. In the area I live and go to events there are no Oijbwe reenactors. Open to what ever anyone has to offer.
Merci,
raymond
david72

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Raymond. Since we have an common interest in Chippewa/Ojibwa indians maybe you can let me know what you find out. Itīs kind of hard for me to "google" in english since I donīt know the correct terms/ names on stuff/people/craftsdetails etc. Up here in Sweden I kind of suffer from lack of information. Tanks in advance/David
Mukday Okad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanii, I think I can help. I've been doing Native for a while... Well all my life.LOL My moms family comes from Leech Lake RES. I have quite a bit of Ojibwa "Anishanabe" documentation.I also need some more people to bounce language off of. Maybe a trade, a little Anish for some Swedish?

Mukday Okad,
Jeremy Biggs
Mukday Okad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanii, I think I can help. I've been doing Native for a while... Well all my life.LOL My moms family comes from Leech Lake RES. I have quite a bit of Ojibwa "Anishanabe" documentation.I also need some more people to bounce language off of. Maybe a trade, a little Anish for some Swedish?

Mukday Okad,
Jeremy Biggs
Beowulf65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Ojibwe Reply with quote

Firstojibew.net

Last edited by Beowulf65 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beowulf65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Ojibwe Reply with quote

Their tribal site is
http://www.first-ojibwe.net/
a really good site and the people are very helpful.
Beo,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com