This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
If complaints about Jackie Brown offend you, don't read this
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackie Brown
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
And the update is good. I believe your gun has been sold as we speak. You will be receiving a prompt refund. Thank you for being patient. You're very honorable.
Jackie
Captain Ray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hard feelings and to me the issue has been resolved and I do not go around bad mouthing Jackie Brown. As a matter of fact, I will only tell someone that they ought to shop around that I owned a JB firelock and know that at the price point there are several options.

Whoever wrote the dissertation on Bondo, thanks for the information and I will back what you say about the barrel and tang must absolutely fit the stock like a glove.

In hindsight I hate that my initial posting on this forum was this thread. I am the last person who wants to be a "drama trekker"

Onward and Upwards.
woodsman1759

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: JB gun Reply with quote

I also had a Jackie Brown gun that the stock cracked in the same manner as listed above. I contacted Jackie and was told to send the stock in and if it was do to his work he would fix it for nothing. If not it would cost 300.00. I had no way of knowing why it cracked, it had not been abused. I spoke to a local gun builder who said that it was not uncommon for some stocks to crack in this area, he said sometimes it just happens. I told him I was going to send it back and he told me in a couple of hours and about 1.00 we could fix it just fine. We glued and brass pinned it and looks great. That has been 3 yrs ago with lots of use and it is still the best shooting smoothbore that I have ever shoot. My thought are I quess, had it have been 1760 I most likely would have fixed it myself. I'm in no way saying people should not stand by their stuff but for me this minor fix was fun and rewarding for me to do , pretty much on my own. I don't know the facts of everyones dealings with Jackie but feel he treated me fair.
Cutler
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching this thread for sometime and have been quiet, as I don't have a dog in the fight.. BUT, I did have one of Jackie's "canoe guns" for several years and it was 100% reliable, sturdy, deadly accurate and filled the pot more times than I can count.. After a couple years of badgering from a good friend , I traded it to him for a Chiefs Trade gun, real fine and fancy made by a fella in PA. It is a fine weapon in it's own right, and I love it, but I do miss that canoe gun to this day . I one day hope that circumstances permit me to do business with Jackie and get another...
captchee
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whoever wrote the dissertation on Bondo, thanks for the information and I will back what you say about the barrel and tang must absolutely fit the stock like a glove.

i wrote it and while the rest of your statement is true . having a completely contacted surface does not ensure a stock will not crack .
with out a doubt its the best policy and gives you the greatest chance of not having a problem down the road but its not 100%.
However by using a light layer of Acra-Glas to double ensure that a problem may not accrue is IMO
Well worth over looking
Fitzhugh Williams
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reference to the bondo issue, I MAY have seen the gun in question. I say MAY because I don't know if it is the on of which we speak. If it was the same one, the bondo, or some sort of pink-looking filler, was in the barrel channel near the breech, under the bottom of the barrel, and was being used to level the channel and not to support anything, which bondo could not do. But I could have been an entirely different gun, and I didn't pay much attention to it at the time because I really didn't care.
nwtradegun
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have owned 6 brown rifles. all were excellent guns but down sized to i northwest gun. i had no problems with them
skunk
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Jackie Brown Reply with quote

Just received my new smoothbore from Mr. Brown. And am more than pleased with the gun. Did not have any trouble with it at all. It was everything and more than was advertised. Have seen numerous of Mr. Browns guns and have been pleased with them all. That is why I bought one.
Jim H
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy for you and glad you like your gun. I'm also happy you bought it. Maybe now Jackie will refund my money. He's been saying he would for over a year. Actions speak so much louder than words and I haven't seen any action yet.

bingothehutt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Jackie Brown Reply with quote

Lemme guess....

"You'll have your money when I have it. When I sell this gun, you'll get your money."

Sound familiar? Yeah, well.....seems Jackie only has one record, but he does like to play it a lot.
Jim H
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it Bingo! Same broken record. If it were me, and I owed someone so much as a penny, as soon as I got a penny, I'd be sending it to them. Seems like I've seen a lot of his ads in the last 14 months or so where he is selling guns. He usually says he has one of these or one of that "left" to sell. That implies he has sold some. I guess he has to sell "the very gun he built for me" before I can get my money back. Not to worry though, I realize Jackie is too leaky a vessel to put much faith in. I have a plan.

Jackie Brown
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Jim, you're exactly right when you say,"the very gun he built for me". When a public complaint on a gun of mine generates well over 13000 views, I do not refund money until that gun sells. As an update for you, I have received a sizable deposit on "the" gun and you can watch your mailbox. The remainder will be sent as soon as it arrives. Bingothebutt, you can watch your mail box too.

No need to respond here if you expect a response from me. It won't happen. You're always welcome to e-mail me or call anytime. 662-396-4039
Jackie
norseguy
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie Brown: "Yep, Jim, you're exactly right when you say,"the very gun he built for me". When a public complaint on a gun of mine generates well over 13000 views, I do not refund money until that gun sells. "

===============================================
===============================================

Wow! Now there's a 'Business Model' to emulate !!! NOT!!!!

I wonder how many of those 13000 view(er)s would have been More Sympathetic and Understanding of Your Position...If You Had Instead Said:
'The Refund Went Out Immediatley---The Buyer Got It By Registered Mail Already!'

I'm just saying...

Norseguy
bingothehutt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute misreadings of usernames asside, same rules apply as in black opps.....deny all accountability.

Jackie, e-mail sent.

Justin
bingothehutt
Jim H
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Jackie, I hope you're serious. However: let's not mislead folks.
Your "rule" about not giving a refund until "that very gun sells" must have been made a long time before 13 thousand folks saw the thread. For over a year now, I have'nt gotten that refund. That was way before 13 thousand people read about it.
If that is to be your policy, and that's your business, then you ought to tell folks when you say your product is "guaranteed for life", "yours or mine" ( your words, not mine) that if they do indeed take you up on the offer to return the gun, that you will wait until that gun sells before you refund the money. I don't recall ever hearing that.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com