This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
scalplock construction help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOHN F
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: scalplock construction help Reply with quote

hello everyone, new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has made an eastern woodland scalplock. I am gonna be adding an Oneida persona and I am trying to get my Native American kit together. I have a ton of kanakalon hair for tying striper flies.. any help or insight to making a scalplock would be greatly appreciated...
Rocklock45
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sir, figured I could give you some advice on something I've found that works great.

You can find online and possibly at most beauty stores a hair piece called a crown weave. These pieces are made to be sewn onto a larger wig as a closer towards the crown area. Just so happens... they work great and look wonderful. I glue a small circle of thin hide to the back with dap contact cement, attached to a shaved head with pros aid the prosthetic doesn't come off until I remove it, even with my porky and turkey roaches.

I personally buy real human hair, a little more expensive than synthetic hair but IMO real hair is a much better investment. Hope this helps! :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Native Reenacting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com