This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
He'll do till a bigger one comes along

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Traditional Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wattlebuster
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: He'll do till a bigger one comes along Reply with quote

I took this 8 pt yesterday afternoon with Samson my Bruton .62 cal rifle as he was trailing a doe thru a thicket that I take deer from every yr. The single doe came thru stopping every few yrds to look behind her an about 5 minutes later I heard this one grunting an finally saw him with his nose to the ground. He stopped at about 20 yrds in a nice hole to shoot thru so flint scraped steel an the .600 ball hit low behind the left front shoulder an plowed thru to exit in front of the right back leg. He went down an the real work began. I will take em like this all day long but the one I really want is the big 10 pt in the game camera pic that is on the bottom. I have till the end of the month so maybe he will mess up like the 8 pt did an I will introduce him to Samson also.

Flint62Smoothie
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going! Great pictures and story. And truth be told, I admit lust over the Bruton southern rifle that a friend owns ...
kopfjaeger
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice buck and rifle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Traditional Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com