This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
May/June issue of Muzzleloader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: May/June issue of Muzzleloader Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
The May/June issue of Muzzleloader will be my first issue and the first full color issue of Muzzleloader. If you are a subscriber you should be receiving the issue in the near future as the main mailing was sent out on Wednesday April 10th.

I am already starting to hear from people that they have received the issue.

If you were late in subscribing or getting your renewal in, you will be sent an issue with our next supplemental mailing.
Thank you,
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John C
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: May/June issue Reply with quote

Just received mine today April 15
Sanscoeur
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!

I just got my last OTT a couple of weeks ago and the new Muzzleloader showed up today.

I applaud the segue from one venue to another. And many of the same authors flowed right into the new mag - nice continuity.

It's been many years since I was a Muzzleloader subscriber - just because there were other mags that delivered more of what I was looking for, not because of any beef that I had.

I subscribed to OTT from Vol. II #1, and I'll miss it. I'm anxious to see if this transition will make a believer out of me.

tallbear
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine Monday and read it last night.As a suscriber to both magzines I thought you did a good job combining the two magazines.Color quality was nice.I was a little dissapointed that the "Ole Tacky" stories didn't retire along with the Scurlocks.The coffee needed to be dumped on that campfire a long time ago ,but overall nice first issue!!

Mitch Yates
Snapper
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my copy in yesterday's mail. Just thumbed through it so far but definitely pleased with how it looks.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I a, glad you all are pleased with the magazine.

Mike: I hope to make a believer out of you. Muzzleloader will continue to have the same articles you were used to from On The Trail. Any article printed in OTT would have worked in ML (but not vice-versa).

Mitch: Mike Nesbit is a positive ambassador for the sport of black powder shooting. He constantly goes to local matches and introduces new people to our hobby. We need ambassadors, and we need new people. Because of this Mike will remain a part of Muzzleloader.

Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flint62Smoothie
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Mike Nesbit is a positive ambassador for the sport of black powder shooting. He constantly goes to local matches and introduces new people to our hobby. We need ambassadors, and we need new people. Because of this Mike will remain a part of Muzzleloader.

Well I too admit to groaning anytime I see another 'ol Tacky' article, but you are DEAD ON in regards to the promotion of our beloved sport!

Well said!

Oh, and I enjoyed your 1st MZL'dr magazine too! I for one think it will help the BP shooters and/or hunters in out sport learn or be intrigued/introduced to other aspects of the history part, if not the 'living history' angle. To that I say it's a great blend!
tallbear
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Nesbit is a positive ambassador for the sport of black powder shooting.

Jason
That may well be the case but Mike has basically written the same story over and over since I got my first Muzzlelaoder magazine back in 1978.Either way it's not a deal breaker for me ,the content of the rest of the magazine more than makes up for it.

Shoot sharp's the word ;) !!!

Mitch Yates
Mike/MO
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the new issue. In fact I received two. I sent label information on both ckpies to help in the reconciling of the combined subscriptions.

Mike/MO

Tommy Bruce
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Muzzleloader Reply with quote

I've recently re-subscribed and started with the May/June issue and I have to say I am most impressed. The quality of the magazine and articles are top notch.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike/MO wrote:
Received the new issue. In fact I received two. I sent label information on both ckpies to help in the reconciling of the combined subscriptions.

Mike/MO

Mike,
I apologize for not replying to you sooner. Your request was received by our subscription services in New York and they have handled it. You should only receive 1 copy of July/August and your MUZZLELOADER subscription was extended by 4 issues.
Thank you,
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Muzzleloader Reply with quote

Tommy Bruce wrote:
I've recently re-subscribed and started with the May/June issue and I have to say I am most impressed. The quality of the magazine and articles are top notch.

Mr. Bruce,
I am very glad you enjoyed the magazine. I think you will really like the next issue as well.
Thank you,
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com