This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
looking for guide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Resource Listing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scratch
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: looking for guide Reply with quote

I am looking for a set pf plans to build a pirogue or bateaue, does any one know where I might find such and has anyone built a pirogue or bateaue. Thanks and all ways do your best at what ever. Scratch
qcpidoc
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Jacobs of Blue Heron Mercantile sells a book with plans for a priogue and I think at one time had a kit:

https://frontierfolk.ipower.com/cgi-bin/ecommerce/ac/agora.cgi?cart_id=8936074.23198*_D10-4&product=books
hellbilly075
User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Pirouge plans Reply with quote

Google Uncle Johns pirogue that have a kit that includes the "hard" parts. You supply the plywood, fiberglass and paint. In one of Roy Underhills books he has plans for a dingy. The hard part is finding the right nails and roves. You can find nails and roves in the Lee Valley/Vertias hardware catalog....Eric[/list]
Belleville
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a couple of books:

Batteau, Battoe - A Pictorical Collection, Old Plans, and New Interpretive Sketches and Drawings to Illustrate the Ancestor of North American Watercraft, Volume One, 1986, 12 pages

Batteau, Battoe - More plans, sketches, and original drawings about this Traditional North American Water craft, Volume Two, 1987, 17 pages

by David Christofferson
Fox in Circle Productions
267 Goodhue
St. Paul, MN 55102

Doc S.
hellbilly075
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Pirouge Reply with quote

I second uncle johns, I built one two years ago and love it! Also look at Kentucky afields web page on you tube, they have 2 episodes on making a John boat, it looks kinda like a punt boat... Eric
hellbilly075
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Pirogue Reply with quote

I forgot but also google southernpaddler.com, they have a lot of good info on there...eric
hellbilly075
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Pirogue Reply with quote

Ok last time lol! If you like I can zerox the chapter in Roy underhills book about building the dingy or John boat, pm me off list if you want to send me your address...Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Resource Listing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com