This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Volume 18 Number 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Volume 18 Number 2 Reply with quote

If you follow our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/OnTheTrail), then you saw our notice last night, that Vol.18 No.2 (April/May 2011) was uploaded to the printers last night.

With this issue, we are now only 1 month behind instead of 2. With the next issue of OTT, we will once again be back on schedule.

I am expecting the issue to be mailed out the 21st of this month and I will have copies of the issue at Fort Frederick.
Thank you,
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,
I received confirmation from the printer that Volume 18 Number 2 is almost ready for shipping. So I will be sending them our mailing list tomorrow morning.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up. If you haven't renewed or subscribed and want to get this issue, please call or subscribe via PayPal before 10AM CDT tomorrow (4/20/11).

If you haven't renewed by tomorrow and your last issue is Vol.18 No.1 then you will miss this issue.
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coloneltubbs
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, just received my copy today in Houston. I truly appreciate the plastic wrapper. It keeps the magazine clean and tear free from the abuse of the post office.
I noticed in "From the Editor" that you mentioned the name of a friends passing. I am sorry for that. My question is how hard would it be to add a section announcing the passing of reenactors? This may seem grim but it could be considered their last remembrance. Just a thought.
I hope the bad weather has passed you by and all are safe and sound.
Keep up the great work.

S&F,
Colonel Tubbs

Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Tubbs,
It wouldn't be hard to add that kind of section at all. But I don't think that would be something I would really be interested in publishing. The majority of those are already being announced on Message Boards & Forums. I only mention those who I would like to dedicate the issue to.

Unfortunately, too many friends and reenactors have been passing these past few months.
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
coloneltubbs
User

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. It was just a passing thought.
As a member of the Texas Army for 31 years, I was asked to put together a list of active and inactive members. While doing so I have had to go back to my members list starting in 1980 and in doing so I see many names of friends who have passed on. It sadden me to see so many names and know there may be more within the next few years.
Getting older may have some advantages but losing good friends is not one of them.

Thank you for your reply and again keep up the great work.
Come to Texas one day and we will show you a good time.

Colonel Tubbs

Swanny
User

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V18 #2 arrived at the Two Rivers in the express canoe today, though I've no idea how they may have stemmed the spring floods.

A good dog is so much a nobler beast than an indifferent man that one sometimes gladly exchanges the society of one for that of the other. (William Francis Butler) Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs at http://www.tworiversak.com/mushing.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com