This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Dispatches from New England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanscoeur
User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Dispatches from New England Reply with quote

I really enjoyed Mr. Spiotti's article in the latest issue of OTT!

As stated in the article, one of the party's goals was to try their skill at using period methods of navigation. During the course of the day of which this article records, the members of the party take several time fixes.

I would be interested in reading another article that gives more detail about how to take the time fixes. I guess this request kind of dovetails in with the article about Time and Distance authored by Chuck Casada. Mr.Casada revealed that the tools for making these time fixes is apparently still available on the reenactor market.

Please give us an exposé of some new skills to learn!

vspiotti
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike....

Thanks for the kind words. I am very happy that you enjoyed readiing my story of one of our recent adventures. I hope that future stories bring you similar enjoyment as well as new knowledge about the northeast corner of the country.

Thanks again!!!!

V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com