This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
On The Trail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coloneltubbs
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: On The Trail Reply with quote

Jason,
Any idea of when the next magazine will be mailed out? I also in the past asked about when my subscription would be up for renewal because of the late deliveries in the past. Please reply.

Yours,
Colonel Tubbs
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am expecting the next issue to go out in about a week-two.

I am out of the house at the moment, so I can't check your last issue but all you have to do is look at the last magazine you got, it will be right there on your label.
Thanks,
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coloneltubbs
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,
Thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry, I forgot about the renewal date being on the label.
Just out of curiosity, with your move have you located a new lodge to transfer membership to? Last we spoke you were an Entered Apprentice.

Fraternally,
Colonel Tubbs
longbow-hunter
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: new member Reply with quote

I'm a new member to this site and to OTT magazine. Trouble is my magazine has not arrived yet. I found out on one of my other forums that this is a reoccurring problem with this magazine. I hope they are wrong because I am looking forward to getting it. One guy said he subscribed to it for 2 years and only got 2 issues. Can anyone here give me some answers. Thanks looking forward to a good magazine.
captchee
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While delivery is sometime irregular, long bow hunter ,,,,
I can honestly say I in 7 years , Jason has not shorted me a single issue . Sometimes I have had to wait but it always comes .
IMO there is no better read when it comes to quality
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: new member Reply with quote

longbow-hunter wrote:
I'm a new member to this site and to OTT magazine. Trouble is my magazine has not arrived yet. I found out on one of my other forums that this is a reoccurring problem with this magazine. I hope they are wrong because I am looking forward to getting it. One guy said he subscribed to it for 2 years and only got 2 issues. Can anyone here give me some answers. Thanks looking forward to a good magazine.

If a person subscribed for 2 years and only received 2 issues. Then one of two problems happened. Either 1) They moved and they didn't send a change of address (which you MUST do as the USPS will NOT forward the magazine) or 2) They never contacted me about the missed issues. These magazines are mailed out at the Bulk Rate (3rd class) and around 25-50 of each issue are lost. As long as we have the correct address in our database I will send replacement copies.

The exception is if you move and do not send a change of address. It is clearly marked in every issue that you must do this.

Yes, we are a little slower than I would like. Sometimes everything gets on track and we're able to stay on schedule. Sometimes we aren't. This is not a big company, we don't have a big budget. In fact, we only have 1 employee, me. I'm the one who handles the database, mailing back issues, assembles the magazine and etc. But as such a small company, with only 1700 US subscribers, sometimes we're just barely scraping by. Sometimes we're not at all. The fact of the matter is when subscriptions and renewals wane, for whatever reason, it affects us and affects how timely I can get the magazine out. I think very few people who read OTT or HistoricalTrekking.com realize just how expensive it is to publish a magazine.

What we do have going for us is a great collection of staff and contributing authors who make On The Trail a fantastic magazine.

Thank you for subscribing and fear not, you will get your issues :)
Jason Gatliff

P/S I would appreciate it if you would PM me a link to these other forums.

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be me. My check was sent in nov of 08 and I did not recieve a magazine until around late summer of 09. I moved in november of 09 and called you with a change of address . The person I spoke to on the phone told me i had not missed any issues. During the period of not recieving my subscription. I called several times with no answer and my wife emailed several times with no reply. I even wrote once either send me somthing to read or send back my money. Again no reply. I spoke to friends that know you. And spoke with you .They told me to be patient you were having a rough go of it for a while. If you had told me that was the case I would have said keep the money and good luck. You have a great magazine ranks right up with muzzleloader but on a more down home vibe. I will continue to subscribe if the magazines keep coming. But like I stated in all honesty I have recieved only 2. and its been close to a year and a half. If im mistaken then you have my humble apology.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shine wrote:
That would be me. My check was sent in nov of 08 and I did not recieve a magazine until around late summer of 09. I moved in november of 09 and called you with a change of address . The person I spoke to on the phone told me i had not missed any issues. During the period of not recieving my subscription. I called several times with no answer and my wife emailed several times with no reply. I even wrote once either send me somthing to read or send back my money. Again no reply. I spoke to friends that know you. And spoke with you .They told me to be patient you were having a rough go of it for a while. If you had told me that was the case I would have said keep the money and good luck. You have a great magazine ranks right up with muzzleloader but on a more down home vibe. I will continue to subscribe if the magazines keep coming. But like I stated in all honesty I have recieved only 2. and its been close to a year and a half. If im mistaken then you have my humble apology.

Richard,
I don't see a Richard Stevens in our database. I do have a Kristen. It shows that Kristen subscribed for 1 year via PayPal and her first issue was Volume 16. No.4 (The first issue after our hiatus ended) and she is good until Vol.17 No.3.

If this is you, then you should have received 3 issues. Let's verify your address, figure out which issue you are missing and I will send you a replacement.

But the timeline fits. If you subscribed in Nov. of 08, then 16-4 would have been your first issue.

Since Nov. 08 we have published VOl.16, Numbers 4, 5 & 6. Vol. 17 No.1 will be mailed no later than the 21st of this month.
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Shine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats my wife and bean counter. I did not recieve an issue from when she ordered in nov. until august of 09. If that helps. Just keep the magazine rolling. Like I said it is a good read.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shine wrote:
Thats my wife and bean counter. I did not recieve an issue from when she ordered in nov. until august of 09. If that helps. Just keep the magazine rolling. Like I said it is a good read.

You wouldn't have received an issue from November 08 to August of 09. We weren't publishing at that time. I was forced to put the magazine on hold until we could get everything back on track with our finances.

BUT you should have received 3 issues. Volume 16. Number 4, Vol.16 Number 5, and Vol.16 No.6. Please check what you have, let me know what you are missing and I will send you a replacement copy.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
longbow-hunter
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure am sorry for starting tis mess. I did not want to get something like this going , just starting out and all. I was asking about the magazine and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I'm just now trying to get into reenacting history and wanna do some treking ( hopefully I can find some experinced people nearby to help me) it seems like the early 1700's and that era is all I wanna read about anymore. Once again sorry about all this and I do look forward to reciving the magazine.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longbow-hunter wrote:
I sure am sorry for starting tis mess. I did not want to get something like this going , just starting out and all. I was asking about the magazine and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I'm just now trying to get into reenacting history and wanna do some treking ( hopefully I can find some experinced people nearby to help me) it seems like the early 1700's and that era is all I wanna read about anymore. Once again sorry about all this and I do look forward to reciving the magazine.

No mess and no big deal. Good thing is, I am getting to take care of a person who missed an issue :).

Like I said, if a person misses an issue, I will get it to them unless they don't let me know or they move. I'm not out to take advantage of anyone. I'm just trying to keep a small business afloat in a really crappy economy.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com